Monday, April 26, 2010

3 Weeks

I have been a vegetarian now for 3 weeks.

This weekend, we went to visit my in-laws in upstate New York for a post-Easter dinner. We didn't get to see each other for the holiday, so we were celebrating a little late. I let them know ahead of time that I was trying to become a vegetarian, so they generously picked me up a few vegetarian things for me to eat. I did cheat a little bit and had some Salmon for our "Easter" dinner.

I was kept up most of the night with terrible gas. Since I haven't eaten any meat for 3 weeks, I guess the Salmon was having an affect on me. My stomach wasn't in any pain, but I was just extremely gaseous. Luckily, my sleeping husband didn't notice. Haha!

For breakfast the next day, they had served the usual eggs, bacon, french toast, etc. When I made my plate I accidentally took some bacon and put it onto my plate. When I realized what I had done, I was so surprised that I laughed to myself. It was such a habit to have some bacon with my eggs, that I didn't even think about it. I thought this was a very funny and interesting accident. In any case, when I realized what I had done, I moved the bacon from my plate to my husband's. And we all know he loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment