Monday, April 26, 2010

Portobello & Spinach Lasagna

I was away this weekend which is why I haven't blogged in a few days. So I have to rewind back to Friday night, when I made Portobello & Spinach Lasagna which was the best vegetarian dish I've made yet! It was SO good.

I got the idea for this recipe from Ellie Kreiger's Portobello Rollups, but I just made it into regular layered lasagna instead. I also made small adjustments to the recipe, like using fresh spinach in the ricotta mixture. This was made similarly to my meat Lasagna, but instead of cooking up ground beef I sauteed Portobello mushrooms and then put them in some tomato sauce. I mixed in fresh Spinach into my Ricotta mixture, and then I layered the sauce, noodles, and ricotta a few times. I topped it all with mozzarella and parmesan cheese and cooked it for about 40 minutes.
The Portobello mushrooms taste similar to meat. If I didn't know it was vegetarian Lasagna, I could have easily been fooled. I think this dish will become a regular staple in this house. YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment